Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bacon Quiche Tarts

  My mother-in-law had a brunch yesterday morning for her daughter and daughters-in-law and most all the grandchildren and her sisters and their daughters & daughters-in-law and their children. Everyone was supposed to bring a dish. [And yes we had alot of yummy food choices] 
  I had made these little tarts one other time for a brunch and they were a big hit so decided to make them again.

Bacon Quiche Tarts

  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 5 tsp milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp green pepper, chopped
  • 1 tbsp onion, chopped
  • 3 fresh mushrooms , chopped (optional, the recipe didn't call for them ,but I had some & thought it would be good to add them)
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 tube (8 oz) crescent rolls
  • 8 bacon strips, fried & crumbled
Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. add cheese, eggs, peppers , onion, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Separate dough and press into greased muffin or tart pan. (My tart pan makes 24 so I just divided each crescent roll into thirds.) Fill the tarts with egg mixture and bake uncovered @ 350* for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
I also chopped some fresh tomato and put it on top of each tart before serving.

 I got alot of comments on these again.....everyone seems to really enjoy them. I had a few left so I heated them up for Daren when he got home from work this morning and he was in the middle of eating his third one when he said, "man these things are insane! Where did you get this idea?" =).......{just followed a recipe and then personalized it to my taste.}

Everyone enjoy this gorgeous day! =)
♥ Sheila


No comments:

Post a Comment