Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Waffles

   As I'm sure y'all have noticed I've sorta been MIA for the last little while....with baby almost here {Sat is the due date} and still working 5 days a week; {babysitting and at the greenhouse}, and trying to finish up all the last minute details before his/her arrival that I haven't had much time to be on here. I really haven't been trying many if any new and exciting recipes either. Just sticking with simple basics at this point. =)
   Decided on Saturday morning though, when I woke up earlier than I was planning {which happens a lot these days :/} and as a celebration of sorts that I only had one more week to go, I would make something for breakfast that was a bit more exciting than usual. =) 
   These delightful waffles were what I decided on....

Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Waffles:
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cinnamon Topping:
1/2 cup butter , melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

Cream Cheese Topping:
4 tbsp butter
2 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Waffles- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Pour into the dry mixture and stir just until moistened. Pour onto waffle iron and bake until golden brown.
Cinnamon topping- Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour into a Ziploc bag and seal. snip the end of the bag and drizzle over prepared waffles.
Cream cheese topping- Melt butter and cream cheese. Stir together until smooth. Whisk in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over top of the prepared waffles. 

   
   They were definitely a treat! Much easier than cinnamon rolls and almost as good {but not quite I thought} =) Was a lovely way to start our day!
   Just a quick end-note....I'm still hoping to blog after 'Tater Bug's' debut, just don't be surprised if it goes awhile between posts for the first couple of weeks/months.....Hoping baby decides to arrive SOON!!! =)


.............................................................................

May the God of hope fill you with
all joy and peace as you trust
in Him, so that you overflow with
hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~Romans 15:13


Enjoy this lovely rainy day! =)
♥ Sheila   
 

  

2 comments:

  1. Since I'm a cinnamon-roll fan, I'm sure I'd love to try these in my new waffle maker!! Can't wait to hear news about your little "tater-bug"! :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to tell you i want to see another post before the baby comes! haha These would be great, i hope you're planning to make them again! So looking forward to meeting the new Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete