Friday, May 13, 2011

~ Garden Goodness ~

 Fresh spinach from the garden....hubby away until late fishing.....I think I'll have a salad for dinner :)
  I was at my Mom's yesterday & she has beautiful spinach in the garden & wondered if I would like to help them out & take some. She didn't have to ask me twice! So I came home with a bag full of goodness, the perfect thing for dinner for one.

Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Dressing


Tear up the spinach into a bowl, add sliced strawberries, broken up english walnuts, & crumbled feta cheese. 
  For the dressing I started with some strawberry rhubarb jam that I had made last year.....added Balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, just a little water & a little distilled vinegar. Mix together well & drizzle over the salad.
  This salad is very tasty & sooo summery & refreshing... Since Daren had to miss out on it last evening I made him one for lunch today. He liked it alot. Makes me wish I had spinach in the garden :( 
                                                               ~Sheila 


No comments:

Post a Comment