Friday, September 30, 2011

Apple Pie Cupcakes

  Since going to the orchard on Friday and getting apples I have been trying to use them as much as possible when cooking and baking {as well as just eating them as a snack}. I wanted to try a new recipe at some point and when I saw these cute little guys I knew I had to make them. =)
  With hubby off at work, and the day starting off cloudy and cool again I decided it would be a wonderful morning to do some baking......Of course when I went to make the frosting I didn't have all my ingredients so had to make a quick grocery run while they were cooling.

Apple Pie Cupcakes 
Adapted from

 Cupcakes:
yields- 24 cupcakes
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup milk
Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time; add vanilla. Mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stir just until combined. Pour into paper lined muffin tin and bake @ 350* for 18-22 minutes. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Apple Filling : 
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3 large apples; peeled, cored and diced
In a skillet melt butter then add sugar and cinnamon and cook until bubbly. Add apples and reduce heat. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool completely. After the cupcakes are cool cut a cone out of the center and spoon in the apple filling. Top with Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting.
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 scant cups 10x sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp milk
Beat butter a few minutes add sugar and mix together.  Then add vanilla, salt and milk. Beat for about 3 minutes until nice and fluffy.

  I had to try one {of course} and see how they were and oh my goodness!.....sooo yummy and the perfect-sized apple pie. =) I think I may take some into the guys tonight and see what they think of them, but I think they're just great!
................................................................
How great is the love the Father has
lavished on us, that we should
be called children of God!
And that is what we are!
~1 John 3:1

Happy Fall!!! =)
♥ Sheila 

No comments:

Post a Comment