Sunday, October 30, 2011

Doughnut Muffins

  October 29 and SNOWING?!?! No, I am definitely not ready for that! It was very pretty, but it is still October after all! It was snowing a bit Friday night, but I really was not expecting it to amount to much at all....well, to my surprise when I woke up Saturday morning it was still snowing and the ground was white. Not cool, especially when it is still supposed to be fall. Thankfully it didn't last too long and the sun soon melted most of it. Have you figured out yet that I am not a big fan of winter? =) I try not to complain too much though because it is a part of God's planning and creation.
   Daren was getting off shift and I wanted to have breakfast ready for him when he got home. I hadn't made muffins for awhile, {at least not for ourselves} and wanted to try some that I had never made. I found this recipe and it sounded easy and good so decided to try them.
Doughnut Muffins
 yield: 24 mini muffins
   1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour

Topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Mix sugar, butter and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in the milk. Mix in baking powder and flour just until combined.
Grease 24 mini muffin cups. Fill about half full with the batter. Bake @ 350* for 15-20 minutes until tops are lightly golden.
Meanwhile melt the butter. In a separate bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon. When the muffins are finished baking remove from the tins, dip in butter and roll in the sugar mixture. Let cool.

  They turned out great....really did taste kinda like a doughnut. {I think it's the nutmeg} I love the small size too, especially when your serving other things as well. A regular sized muffin can be a bit too much. For breakfast this morning I stuck them in the microwave to warm them up a little and ate them with a cup of hot tea....almost enjoyed them more the second time around! =)



 .............................................................................
Better is one day in Your courts
than a thousand elsewhere.
~Psalm 84:10


Blessing on your day! =)
♥ Sheila 

3 comments: