Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tangy BBQ Chicken Wings

   I was at Mom's the other day and saw this recipe. She said they really liked them and I had some wings in the freezer, so I copied it off and brought it home hoping to give them a shot in the near future.
  We had an appointment last evening to get our photo taken for the new church directory and since these wings are done in the crockpot I thought it would be great to come home and have dinner waiting. Dug the wings out of the freezer to thaw, prepared everything and stuck them in the crockpot to cook.
  Put some potatoes in the oven on time bake and got broccoli out of the freezer to thaw, so when we got home all that I needed to do was cook the broccoli. {which I just fried in a skillet with olive oil and seasonings until tender crisp} We were sitting down to eat in a little bit of no time which was great because I was hungry!! ;) 

Tangy BBQ Chicken Wings with
Homemade Ranch Sauce

  •  5 lbs chicken wings, thawed
  • 2 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 2/3 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2-1 tsp liquid smoke {optional}
Place the thawed wings on a greased 11x15 baking sheet. Bake uncovered @ 375* for 25 minutes. Drain. Turn wings and bake for 25 minutes until juices run clear. Combine BBQ sauce ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Place half of the wings in crock pot and cover with half of the sauce. Add remaining wings and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. {I cooked them for 4 and they were almost too done so think 3- 3 1/2 hrs would be good}

Ranch Sauce:
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp cilantro
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Blend together well and serve with wings.
    I made them just like the recipe this time, but when I make them again I'm going to spice them up a bit. They were really tasty like this, but we like spicy food and I think it would make them even better.



................................................................................................................

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
each day has enough trouble
of its own.
~Matthew 6:34

Much love! =)
♥ Sheila  

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with wings but always afraid to try them at home for fear of them not living up to the resturant/bar quality! BUT these look devine. I got a slow cooker as a gift last week and its still sitting in the box waiting for me to find recipes, so I'll have to try this out!
    Congrats on your pregnancy!! Great timing btw! So nice to "meet" someone who is due the same time as me.

    ReplyDelete