Monday, November 21, 2011

Grilled Mac 'n Cheese

  Need a quick & easy supper idea? Thinking soup & grilled cheese, but you would like to change it up a bit? Then try this yummy comfort food grilled between two slices of bread! I had one of these when Daren & I were in Charleston, S.C. this summer. We had stopped at a cute little restaurant for lunch and they served a lot of fun things like this. I thought the sandwich was really great, just hadn't tried to make them yet...
  Since it was sorta rainy this evening & I didn't have lots of time to fix anything too fancy, I decided it would be a good time to make these. They were easy peasy and oh-so yummy! =) We were eating a gooey, melty, cheesy sandwich with homemade tomato soup in no time.

Grilled Mac 'n Cheese
Prepare the mac and cheese to suit your taste. I cooked & drained
the macaroni then added sharp cheddar cheese, a little Velveeta,
some milk, pepper & chili powder. Stir over low heat until 
the cheese is all melted.
I then spread a little mayo on
four slices of bread. Spoon the mac 'n cheese onto two slices of bread.
And since I'm a cheese lover I added some slices of
the sharp cheddar cheese on top of the macaroni.
Put a slice of bread on top
and place into a skillet that has had butter melted in it. Mash the sandwich
with something heavy while it is grilling on the first side. When
it has browned to suit you, flip and grill the other side to your specs.
Remove from the skillet slice in half and your ready for that 
first warm, cheesy bite. yummmm!


  I must say after eating this I was kinda wishing that I was back in Charleston...If you've never been there I would definitely say it should be on your list of places to go. Our stay there was much too short, and we're hoping to go back at some point. It really is an amazing place to visit!
........................................................
Praise be to the Lord, to God our
Savior, who 
daily bears our burdens.
~Psalm 68:19

Blessings,
♥ Sheila 

No comments:

Post a Comment