Tuesday, February 14, 2012

♥ Red Velvet Crepes ♥

   Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!! ♥ I've been wanting to try and make crepes for awhile now and when I saw this recipe I thought it would be a perfect V-Day breakfast for hubby and I. We both love anything red velvet! 
   I can now say that I've made crepes and they are really not as hard as I thought maybe they would be. Although I totally flopped the first one and the second wasn't that great, by the third one I finally got it figured out and it was all smooth sailing from there. {I wasn't frying them quite long enough}

Red Velvet Crepes
 yield: 12 crepes
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
pinch salt
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp sugar
dash of vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
red food color

Combine eggs, milk, water, salt, butter, sugar, vanilla and food color in a blender. Pulse until foamy. Add flour and cocoa powder; pulse until smooth.
Refrigerate for approx 1 hour.
After 1 hour heat a small nonstick skillet.  Add a little butter to cover the bottom. Pour about 1 oz of batter into the center of the skillet, swirling the skillet to get it to spread evenly. Fry until the top loses its gloss; about a minute. Flip and cook the other side for about 15 seconds. Slide from the pan onto a plate.
Fill with desired ingredients......I used some whipped topping that I had added cream cheese to for another dessert, sliced fresh strawberries and melted chocolate. Spread the whipped topping down the middle, top with strawberries and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Roll up and plate. I also drizzled some chocolate over top and sprinkled with just a bit of 10x sugar.

* I only made a half recipe for us and it was plenty....8 crepes


   They were delicious!!!! How could they not be good though.....three of my favorite things- red velvet, strawberries and CHOCOLATE! ;) Now if only we were eating them in Paris...........


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm leaving you with this today......what a perfect love!


Much Love!
♥ Sheila  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment