Thursday, February 02, 2012

Grilled Ham & Pineapple Kabobs

   This lovely "winter" weather we've been having is really getting me in the mood for summer-time grilling parties and such! =) Since I'm sure though it's not going to last, I decided we'd should at least take advantage of it while it's here and break out the grill for dinner.
   My brother gave the idea for these kabobs last summer and I just hadn't made them yet. So when I was grocery shopping yesterday & saw ham steaks it got me in the mood to try them out.
   I assembled them and got 'em ready for the grill, and then Daren took care of the cooking while I made some herbed rice to go with the finished product.

Grilled Ham & Pineapple Kabobs
yield: 10 kabobs
2 cooked ham steak, cubed
1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp soy sauce*
* my brother used  1/4 tsp cinnamon instead of soy sauce, you can suit your taste.
 Slide the ham and pineapple chunks onto wooden skewers that have soaked in water. Mix together butter, honey and soy sauce. Brush over both sides of the kabobs.
glazed and ready for the grill

Grill until hot and a little blackened. {would have liked to grill these longer, but Daren had class this eve and was in a hurry}
mmm....grilling away
 
   They were quite delicious.... a bit of summer in your mouth! =) I'm excited about making these for outdoor get-togethers once warm weather is here to stay!

.................................................................
Shout for joy to the Lord, 
all the earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with
joyful songs!
~Psalm 100:1&2


Blessings always!
♥ Sheila   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment