Thursday, July 26, 2012

Grilled Pork Chops with Lavender

   Hello friends! Yes, I am finally posting again....sorry for such a long break between posts, but life as a momma is keeping me busy and although I have been cooking, it just has not been anything too exciting or new. 
   I haven't used lavender to cook with before, but have eaten things others have made using it. I love the flavor it adds and have been wanting to experiment with it myself. I finally bought some {my plant isn't blooming yet} and am very excited about trying it out in different recipes.
   Most often it is used more for desserts, but I wanted to try using it in an entree. I thought this sounded tasty, so we gave it a shot. It turned out delicious!


Grilled Pork Chops with Lavender  
 4 pork chops- 3/4-1 inch thick
1 tsp coarse kosher salt
1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
3/4 tsp dried lavender flowers {culinary grade} 
2 tsp minced fresh thyme
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Mix spices, herbs and oil together. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and then rub with the herb blend. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Remove from fridge and grill until done.
   I was happy with the results of my first attempt at using lavender. Will continue to enjoy adding it to recipes! I served these chops with Grilled Red Potato Skewers.....that recipe is coming later. 

........................................................................
For the earth that drinketh
in the rain which cometh often upon it,
and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by
whom it is tilled, recieveth
 blessing from God. 
~Hebrews 6:7 


Blessings!
♥ Sheila 


No comments:

Post a Comment