Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting

   'Tis the season for all things pumpkin. It is, I think, one of my most favorite ingredients during the Fall and I  have been baking/cooking with pumpkin a lot these past few weeks. And the weather we've been having lately has definitely put me in the mood to bake. {if for no other reason than to warm the house}
   I've never made browned butter frosting before, but I knew it had to be amazing! How could it not? So I decided to whip up a batch of these  little guys today, some I'll take to our discipleship group meeting tonight and the rest will stay here to tempt me. =)


Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting
yield: about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
Cookies:
2/3 cup sugar 
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
In a bowl beat sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until well blended. Beat in pumpkin and eggs until well mixed. Add flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat on low speed until well mixed. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
Browned Butter Frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tbsp milk
1/3 cup unsalted butter
In a bowl add sugar, vanilla and 3 tbsp milk. In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Pour over sugar and mix well on low speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 tbsp milk until it is creamy and spreadable. Frost cooled cookies.

 
 Of course I had to try one {or maybe two ;)}  just to make sure they were edible. Oh my, are they ever! Pretty sure I'll be using browned butter frosting often now. So good!!


.................................................................................
For the eyes of the Lord range throughout
the earth to strengthen those
whose hearts are fully committed to Him.
~2 Chronicles 16:9


♥ Sheila   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment