Friday, October 05, 2012

Jalapeño Popper Chicken

   As soon as I saw this recipe I knew it was one I had to try. Hubs and I both love jalapeño poppers and although 'D' isn't a big fan of chicken I was pretty sure he would like this. So it's what was for dinner tonight...and I was right he did like it. {oh, and I liked it too} =)
   Since we had already cleaned off my garden for the year the peppers weren't just out the back door as usual, but I had to run some errands in town anyway, so I stopped to pick up some. Not as handy, but that's ok.

Jalapeño Popper Chicken
4 skinless chicken breast
1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 tsp canola oil
4 tsp taco seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3-4 jalapeño peppers, chopped (seeds and ribs removed) 
salt
pepper
In a small skillet heat oil and bread crumbs. Fry, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in taco seasoning.
 Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapeños. Beat eggs in a shallow dish.
With a small knife split the chicken breast through the center until almost butterflied. Salt and pepper the chicken. Stuff with the cream cheese mixture. Dip one at a time into the egg and then roll in bread crumbs making sure to coat well.
Place onto a greased broiling pan. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
 
 
....................................................................................
May the God of hope fill you
with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with
 hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~Romans 15:13
 
♥ Sheila   

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment