Friday, March 04, 2011

Blueberries & Bananas

  I love blueberries. They are such a delicious & healthy snack....so when I saw a big container of them at the grocery store the other day I just HAD to have them. :) Needless to say I have been enjoying them to the fullest!! Since I was going to work at the greenhouse today I thought I would make something with blueberries to take for our morning break.....I was thinking muffins would be good & I also had some bananas that needed to be used so I went on a search for a recipe I thought would suffice....found one that I thought looked delish & spent my evening baking muffins! :)

~ Banana Blueberry Streusel Muffins ~
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cup(3 lg.) mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries
In a large bowl beat butter & brown sugar until fluffy.
 Add bananas, milk, vanilla & eggs; blend well. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Gently stir in blueberries. Fill greased or papered muffin cups 3/4 full.
Streusel Topping-
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Combine all ingredients in a bowl & mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350* for 18-23 minutes. Cool 3 minutes; remove from muffin cups.
Yield- 18 muffins
They were well received at the greenhouse this morning!  I baked them in a mini tart pan instead of a muffin pan (they came out so cute!) & I also added a little cinnamon to the batter as well.....they don't need to bake as long if you use the tart pan; only about 10-12 minutes. 

The finished product....so yummy!!! =)
  ~Sheila
            

3 comments:

  1. Blueberry ANYTHING is fabulous!! Thanks for the recipe, I'll be trying it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, streusel--it seems to enhance anything and everything it touches. tasty and pretty work, sheila!

    ReplyDelete