Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins

  This Christmas season has been one for brunches....and I'm loving it! Brunch is one of my favorite meals. I like making food for brunches, but I really like to eat all the delicious food that I normally don't take the time to make for breakfast. =)
  My Aunt had one for Mom's birthday, which was the fourth one I have been invited to in the past month and I have one more look forward to on Christmas Eve day. Anyway, I have been using these brunches as a good excuse to try new recipes.....I wanted to make something sort of Christmas-y for this one so when I saw these muffins I knew they were what I was going to make. The combination of tart cranberries and sweet chocolate was wonderful I thought. They are also quite quick and easy to mix up and bake. {which is a plus of course!}

Cranberry  White Chocolate Muffins 
yield: 18 muffins

 2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted & cooled
2 eggs
1 cup cranberries, fresh or dried {I used fresh}
1/4 cup white chocolate chips {I added a few extra}

In a mixing bowl beat together eggs milk and melted butter. Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add to egg mixture and beat until blended.  Stir in the  cranberries and white chocolate chips. Fill paper lined muffin tins and bake @ 350* for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. 

I sprinkled some silver sugar on top before baking to give them a bit of pop.

  Everyone who ate one commented on how they enjoyed them, but we had such a big variety of food that not many got eaten, but I was fine with that =) Was able to bring them along home and for us to enjoy....Daren had tried one before I took them to the brunch, {just to make sure they were edible ;)} and he really liked them so he was glad to see some come back. =)

.................................................................................................................

And suddenly there was with the angel a 
multitude of heavenly host praising God, and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace,
good will toward men." 
~St. Luke 2:13&14

Christmas blessings to you all!
♥ Sheila   

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment