Saturday, January 07, 2012

Baked Crab and Artichoke Dip

  Happy New Year to you all!! Yes,  this post may be a little late and yes, it has been awhile since I have posted; but with all the festivities of the past couple of weeks I just decided to take a short break. So now that most all the Christmas/New Year gatherings and celebrating is over I hope to be back to blogging more frequently. 
  So yes, this post is about what I made for the party we went to on New Years eve......I have a cast iron skillet that I use fairly often, but always just use it on the stove top. The first thing I noticed with this recipe was that it was baked in a cast iron skillet. I was pretty much hooked right there....it just seemed like such a cool idea {why have I never thought of that anyway?} and I loved the presentation then when you serve it. And the dip sounded pretty ok too! ;) There was sooo much food that the dip didn't all get eaten, but it seemed to  be a hit with everyone who tried it. Daren thought it was great....but then again anything that has the word crab in it, he is going to love. =) 

Baked Crab & Artichoke Dip

 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups grated Asiago cheese, divided
14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
8 oz jumbo lump crab meat (I used claw meat because it was cheaper)
salt
pepper

Pico de Gallo
2 roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
1 handful cilantro, chopped
1/4-1/2 cup green onion tops, chopped
squeeze of lime juice (I used most of one lime)
salt
Beat cream cheese, mayo, and yogurt together until smooth.  Add the white and light parts of the green onion (the dark green will be used for the pico), lemon juice and 1 1/4 cup grated cheese. Fold in crab and artichokes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer into the skillet (or if you don't have a cast iron skillet you can just use a baking dish) and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the grated cheese. Bake @ 425* for 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
To make the pico toss all the ingredients together and  set aside until ready to serve.
Remove the dip from oven and top with pico de gallo. Serve with crostini and crackers.
Best served hot or very warm....can be made ahead of time and baked at the last minute. {which is what I did}


.....................................................................................................
My verse for the New Year ~
Forgetting what is behind and straining
toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward
in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 3:13+14 

May your year be abundantly blessed! =)
♥ Sheila 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I love your new layout. It's quite cheery.

    ReplyDelete