Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mini Upside Down Apple Gingerbread Cobbler

  Daren was on shift yesterday and I decided to make the guys dessert.....Since it was windy and cold I wanted to make something that could be served warm. After searching for awhile and combining some different ideas I came up with this. 

Mini Upside Down Apple Gingerbread Cobbler
yield: 12 mini cobblers
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp oil
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 cup molasses

apple pie filling {I wanted
to use a whole apple ring, but didn't have apples so just used the canned pie filling I made this fall.}

Combine all the ingredients except pie filling and mix well. Grease a muffin tin and spoon some apple pie filling into the bottom of each cup. Pour the batter over top of the apples. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and loosen the edges with a knife. Turn the tin upside down on a flat surface to remove the cobblers. The apples may not all come out, but you can just spoon them out and onto the gingerbread. Serve warm with whipped cream. {or whipped topping which I used because I didn't have cream.}

  
  The guys really seemed to enjoy it, in fact I think Daren ate three. =) I ate the one I had taken pictures of {had to make sure I was taking them something that would be edible ;)} and it was quite yummy I thought. They were easy peasy to make too....

..............................................................................
Be joyful always; pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is
God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Much love,
♥ Sheila  

No comments:

Post a Comment